Pina Bausch was a German performer of modern dance, choreographer, dance teacher and ballet director whose work was featured in Wim Wender’s 2012 3D film Pina. She died in 2009 shortly before the filming began. In the film several of her long-term students described her remarkable capacity to watch them patiently for hours as if she were inside of them. Her brief incisive comments and observations could liberate their spontaneous movements prior to any thought. This short clip offers a glimpse of the freedom that her dancers experienced. See if you can watch it without judgment and notice the visceral impact on your body as you do so.
- John Prendergast
Sign up for our mailing list.
Vol 1, Issue 4
- Book Reviews(1)
Vol 1, Issue 3
Vol 1, Issue 2
Vol 1, Issue 1
Support Undivided Journal!
This journal is an offering of the Heart. We are entirely dependent upon your generous donation. Even a donation as small as $2 is helpful. Thank you for your support!
- A fork in the road, between mindfulness for stress reduction and mindfulness for liberation and wisdom | Deepening mindfulness on About the Journal
- Rebekah on The Ultimate Secure Base: Healing Insecure Attachment in the Nondual Field
- Ralford on Resonance: Welcoming You In Me – A Core Therapeutic Competency
- David on Waking up Together: The Source of Love
- Mark on Waking up Together: The Source of Love